This is about as simple as it gets. Chocolate & Apricot Wedges.
OK, so the wedges are purely an aesthetic thing, you can cut these into any shape you want. And the apricot is purely a suggestion, you can use any dried fruit that you want. But it’s as simple as melting some chocolate and butter, crushing some biscuits and mixing it all together. Then waiting long enough for it to set so you can eat it.
It’s definitely a useful recipe to have for those times you need a quick and easy no-bake traybake.
And purely in the interests of research, I put some of these in the freezer and can confirm that they taste just as good eaten directly from the freezer they do from, what is known in our house as, The Traybake Tin!
55g/2oz/½ stick butter
½ can/7oz/200g condensed milk
140g/5oz dried apricots or other dried fruit
140g/5oz crushed digestive biscuits/graham crackers
55g/2oz white chocolate, melted, for decoration
1. Melt the chocolate and butter, then stir in the condensed milk.
2. Crush the biscuits lightly and roughly chop the dried apricots and stir into the chocolate mixture.
3. Spread into a lined traybake tin (8″/20cm square).
4. Chill for approximately 3-4 hours, or overnight.
5. Remove from the tin and cut into squares or triangles.
6. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the wedges. Leave to set. Enjoy!
Pin It For Later!