Coconut features heavily in traybake recipes. Glacé cherries feature heavily in traybake recipes. And this recipe has both!
These cookies were simple and easy to make and when baked they had a nice crunch and weren’t too sweet.
And yet another recipe that required a bit of guesswork on my part. The recipe simply stated ‘bake until golden’. It did, at least, suggest a baking temperature and through close watching of my oven, I figured out a bake time!
4oz/110g plain four (all-purpose flour)
cherries to decorate
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in the coconut and flour.
3. Shape into small balls and flatten into a biscuit shape. Top with a piece of cherry and place on a greased or lined baking sheet. These don’t spread out while they’re cooking, so the shape you make now is the shape of the cookie you get!
4. Bake for at 325F/180C for 10-15 minutes until golden. The bake time will depend on the size of the cookies etc etc. Mine were about 6cm/2-2½ inches across and they cooked in about 12 minutes.
5. Remove from your tray and place on a wire rack to cool.