You might look at this pie and think that I’ve strayed from my usual, easy, traybake recipes. But this No-Bake Chocolate Mallow Pie is essentially a traybake disguised as a tart. It’s a simple Digestive/Graham Cracker base topped with melted marshmallows and chocolate and cream.
Just mix crushed biscuits with melted butter and press into a 9″/23cm flan/tart tin. Then put it in the fridge to set. While that’s in the fridge, melt marshmallows with chocolate, vanilla and milk, then fold in whipped cream. And that’s it! Pour it in the tin and put it back in the fridge. The hardest part is waiting for it to set so you can cut yourself a slice.
Little Miss Traybakes was very excited when she saw this sitting in our fridge. But was less happy when I told her she had to wait until after dinner to try it…! I think it was worth the wait.
I made my No-Bake Chocolate Mallow Pie with milk chocolate, because I’m not a big fan of dark chocolate. Feel free to use whichever you prefer. I also used drinking chocolate in mine, which is a little lighter and sweeter than cocoa powder. Again, use what you have or what you prefer.
8oz/225g Digestives or Graham Crackers, crushed
4oz/110g butter, melted
2 tbsp drinking chocolate or cocoa powder
0.5 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp milk
4oz/110g chocolate, milk or dark
4floz/125ml cream, whipped
- Crush the biscuits and mix well with the melted butter. Press into a greased 9inch/23cm pie tin and place in the fridge to set.
- Place the marshmallows, milk, chocolate, vanilla and drinking chocolate in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, set aside to cool a little.
- Whip the cream and fold into the chocolate mixture, then pour it over the biscuit base and put it back in the fridge to set.
- Decorate, if you’d like, with whipped cream and grated chocolate. Slice and enjoy!