Another new traybake for me this week. I can’t remember which retro recipe book this No-Bake Honey Crunch Traybake came from as I just made a copy the last time I was back at Mummy Traybakes’ house, but it intrigued me enough to make a note of it and I recently decided to try it out.
And it was a success all round! I offered some to my book club (my other official taste testers) and it proved to be a hit companion to our latest book discussion, as well as getting a thumbs up from Little Miss Traybakes.
The recipe uses Rich Tea biscuits (cookies), which I can get easily enough here in suburban Massachusetts. If you can’t get hold of Rich Tea, then Goya brand Maria cookies are a great substitute.
It’s a simple set of instructions. Make a honey chocolate buttercream and mix in the crushed biscuits. Chill, then top with honeyed cream and grated chocolate. The resulting traybake is delicately flavored and disappeared very quickly!
4oz/110g/1 stick butter
3oz/85g/¾ cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
2 tbsp clear honey
8oz/225g/2 cups Rich Tea biscuits, crushed (or Goya Maria cookies)
1 tbsp cocoa powder
5floz/148ml double cream (heavy whipping cream)
1 tsp clear honey
dark chocolate, coarsely grated, to cover
1. Cream the butter, sugar and honey together until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the cocoa powder. You can use a little milk at this stage if it isn’t coming together nicely.
3. Stir in the crushed biscuits. I left some larger chunks in mine for texture.
4. Tip into a lined traybake tin, spread evenly and press down firmly.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
6. Remove from the tin. Whip the cream until stiff and stir in the honey.
7. Spread over the biscuit base. Decorate with grated chocolate. Slice and enjoy!
Pin it for later!