It’s another no-bake chocolatey biscuit traybake this week – No-Bake Polish Cake. Nope, I have no idea why this is called Polish Cake either. Perhaps it’s because you can ‘polish’ off a whole tray in one sitting? Bad puns aside, it’s another straightforward recipe. (One of these days, I’m going to have to make something more complicated! But I guess that’s the joy of traybakes, they are generally easy to make.)
This No-Bake Polish Cake has a soft, chocolatey biscuit base and is simply topped with a layer of chocolate. I decided to mix some white chocolate in with the milk chocolate in my topping this time. It’s all Rock n Roll here!
And this was another big success in the Traybakes’ household. Thumbs up all round and a ‘you can make that one again’ from Mr Traybakes. High praise indeed!
4oz/110g/1 stick butter
1 tbsp golden syrup (or honey or maple syrup)
8oz/225g/2 cups crushed Digestives or Graham Crackers
1 tbsp drinking chocolate or cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar
melted chocolate to cover
1. Melt the butter, cocoa powder, syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan over a gentle heat.
2. Take off the heat and mix in the beaten egg. Return to the heat and cook for another minute or so.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits.
4. Press firmly into an 8″ square traybake tin and set in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
5. Cover with melted chocolate. Cut into squares when set. Enjoy!
Pin It For Later!