On a hot day, when I don’t want to turn on the oven, I often look for a no-bake traybake and this No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Traybake fits the bill beautifully. You don’t even need to use the stove as this can all be prepared in the microwave. Chocolate, biscuits, marshmallows and hazelnuts all mixed together and topped with a mix of chocolate and Nutella.
If you don’t have a microwave, then you can easily do this in a double boiler instead. Just set a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat until the butter and chocolate are melted. Then add most of the marshmallows and heat a little more until the marshmallows are puffy and starting to melt, then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Because of the hazelnuts in the base of this No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Traybake, I added a couple of tablespoons of Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread) to the melted chocolate on top. Just melt the chocolate first and then stir in the Nutella until incorporated, before spreading over the top of the traybake.
The white chocolate is mostly decorative, so you can leave it out if you prefer. Feel free to be as abstract or as precise as you like with the drizzling!
And that’s about it really. Super simple. Although, if it’s too hot to turn the oven on, like it has been here recently, then it’s best to keep this traybake in the fridge so the chocolate doesn’t melt too much!
5oz/125g milk chocolate, chopped
1oz/25g dark chocolate, chopped
5oz/125g mini marshmallows
3oz/75g hazelnuts, chopped
6oz/175g plain biscuits (eg Rich Tea/Marie/Digestives/Graham Crackers), crushed
6oz/175g milk chocolate
2 tbsp Nutella/chocolate hazelnut spread
1oz/25g white chocolate, to drizzle
- Put the milk chocolate, dark chocolate and butter in a bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir the chocolate mix and add around three-quarters of the marshmallows. Microwave for a further 1 minute.
- Mix well. Add the crushed biscuits and chopped hazelnuts and the remaining marshmallows.
- Press into a lined traybake tin. I used my 8inch/20cm square tin.
- Melt the milk chocolate for the topping, stir in the Nutella and spread over the top of the traybake. Then melt the white chocolate and use to drizzle over the top.
- Leave to set, then cut into squares and enjoy!