This Diane’s Delights traybake was new to me, but as Little Miss Traybakes pointed out, it does have a lot of the same ingredients as Fifteens (this unprompted comment made me rather proud. A star baker in the making!)
These are very sweet but also very delicious. Coconutty, crunchy, filled with sticky marshmallows, and topped with sweet white chocolate. This traybake is definitely not for anyone looking to reduce their sugar consumption. But like most of my other bakes, I cut these into small squares. Everything in moderation.
Not a lot of baking advice for these Diane’s Delights. It’s a simple combination of melted butter, condensed milk and coconut with crushed biscuits and marshmallows.
The recipe says to use Rich Tea or Marie biscuits. If you can’t get hold of those, then Digestives or Graham Crackers would also work here. I prefer to leave some larger pieces of biscuit in the mixture for added crunch and texture, so don’t crush them too finely.
When you’re cutting the marshmallows, they will stick back together again. Just dip them in the biscuit crumbs help keep them separate. Or you could use mini marshmallows, and then you can avoid cutting them altogether.
The recipe suggests sprinkling chopped nuts or flaked almonds over the top of the white chocolate. I have also used sprinkles in the past, as Little Miss Traybakes is not a big fan of nuts. Or you could just leave it plain.
- 4 oz or 110g butter
- ½ can condensed milk (approx. 7oz/200g)
- 4 oz or 110g desiccated coconut
- 8 oz or 225g Rich Tea or Marie biscuits, crushed
- 6 oz or 175g marshmallows, chopped
- 8 oz or 225g white chocolate, to cover
- flaked almonds/chopped nuts/sprinkles
- Place the butter, coconut and condensed milk in a small saucepan and cook gently until the butter has melted. Set aside to cool.
- Crush the biscuits, leaving some slightly larger pieces for texture. Mix with the chopped marshmallows, then stir in the cooled coconut mixture.
- Press firmly into a lined 20cm/8in square traybake tin and leave to set.
- Spread with the melted white chocolate and top with chopped nuts (or sprinkles).
- Cut into squares and enjoy!