This Easy Chocolate Caramel Traybake is probably the easiest – baked – traybake that I have ever made (Fifteens probably wins the easiest no-bake traybake category). When I was making the video of this for my YouTube channel, I had to stop myself from saying ‘easy’ and ‘simple’ too many times.
And I know that I sometimes say that a recipe is simple but that may be more because I find it easy to make and if you don’t bake as often as I do, then it’s probably a little trickier. But I’m standing by my rating of this one.
You start with a Digestive biscuit base (or Graham Crackers) and then you simply pour over an entire tin of condensed milk and then sprinkle with chocolate and coconut before baking for about 30 minutes.
And that’s it. Really.
The condensed milk mixes with the biscuit base and starts to turn to caramel. Depending on the size of the chocolate chunks, it melts into the traybake or just softens so you get lovely pieces of chocolate in each bite. Maximum reward for minimum effort.
The base can be a little crumbly, so press it down well when you’re putting it in the tin. Other than that, there’s not a lot more to say about this. It can get quite bubbly in the oven, but it settles down when it’s cooling, just bake it until it’s golden.
And that’s it. Really Easy Chocolate Caramel Traybake.
Easy Chocolate Caramel Traybake
- 5 oz or 125g butter, melted
- 8 oz or 225g Digestives/Graham Crackers
- 1 tin condensed milk (397g/14oz)
- 8 oz or 225g chocolate
- dessicated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C and line an 8inch/20cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Crush the Digestives and mix the biscuits with the melted butter, then press into the bottom of the tin.
- Pour over the condensed milk. Sprinkle over the chopped chocolate and top with a dusting of desiccated coconut.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin before slicing into squares. Enjoy!