In need of a really simple, quick, no-bake traybake? Then these No-Bake Chocolate Date Krispies definitely fit the bill. Yes, you have to wait for the chocolate to set, but because it all comes together so easily, you can have this made and in the fridge in no time. And then a couple of hours later, you have a sweet, sticky traybake to enjoy.
I have a lot of other date recipes on the blog – my No-Bake Date Rolls are probably my favorite – but sometimes, you want a little chocolate in your traybake. I used dark chocolate in mine, even though I’m more of a milk chocolate fan. Feel free to use whichever you prefer.
And there’s really no major baking advice for this No-Bake Chocolate Date Krispies recipe. It’s just a case of melting and mixing. Just be sure to line your tin with baking parchment or it could prove tricky to get out the finished product. Oh, and make sure either the saucepan you use is large enough to mix the Rice Krispies in, or you transfer it all to a large bowl, otherwise you end up with Rice Krispies escaping all over your kitchen as you mix it all together.
No-Bake Chocolate Date Krispies
- 8 oz or 225g dates, chopped
- 4 oz or 110g butter
- 4 oz or 110g dark brown sugar
- 4 oz or 110g Rice Krispies
- 8 oz or 225g chocolate
- Melt half the chocolate and spread over the base of a lined 8inch/20cm square tin. Put it aside to harden.
- Place the butter, sugar and chopped dates in a saucepan and melt over a gentle heat. Stir until well mixed and the sugar is melted. Remove from the heat, and cool slightly.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies until well coated (or transfer the lot to a large bowl and mix) and then spread over the set chocolate in the tin.
- Melt the remaining half of the chocolate and spread over the top. Leave to set, then cut into squares and enjoy!